Facts About APRN Licensure & Scope of Practice in Missouri
Here in Missouri, the APRN’s scope of practice is one of the most severely restrictive in the nation! Your support is urgently needed to help the Missouri Nurses Association (MONA) overturn the current scope of practice and collaborative practice legislation.
Add your voice and your support to MONAs legislative efforts by joining MONA and the American Nurses Association (ANA) at this critical time. Imagine the result if MONA was able to tell legislators in Jefferson City we represent every nurse in Missouri. We believe laws would change and APRNs would be able to practice to the full extent of their licensure.
We have the chance of a lifetime to improve scope of practice for APRNs in Missouri. However, the time to act is NOW – while the Missouri Legislature is still in session. If you believe that APRNs – highly qualified, well-educated health care practitioners – should be allowed to engage in advanced practice nursing, then please join us.
Member Benefits Include:
- Advance your knowledge through ANA’s extensive online Continuing Education library which includes more than 35 modules free or discounted for ANA members
- Save on ANCC specialty certification exams through exclusive member discounts — save $125 on the initial exam and $150 on recertification
- Help MONA and ANA advocate for nurses at the Missouri State Capitol and on Capitol Hill in Washington — on issues such as safe staffing, nursing workforce development, scope of practice and access to care
- Explore job openings that are right for you through the ANA Career Center and the MONA Career Center
- Stay up-to-date on nursing news with a free subscription to ANA’s peer-reviewed, award-winning journal The American Nurse and many other resources that are free to members: American Nurse Today, The Missouri Nurse, Online Journal of Issues in Nursing and SmartBrief — valued at more than $62
- Keep your knowledge current by attending monthly live Navigate Nursing webinars designed to help you with all facets of your nursing practice — and save 50%
- Continue your higher education with members-only tuition discounts on accredited online nursing programs leading to a BSN, MSN or DNP degree
- Improve your leadership skills through ANA’s Leadership Institute that provides resources to nurses at all stages of their career
*Save 10% on your first-year joint membership – just $24.05/month or $282.60/year – when you join by May 28. Regular membership dues are $26.67/month; $314/year. Add your voice and make a difference!
Some restrictions apply. Valid only for joint membership in both ANA and MONA. Excludes ANA only, eMembership and MONA only membership options. Not valid for retired or new graduate categories. New members must not have been a joint member within the past 12 months. After the first year, membership will renew at the current rate in effect at that time. This offer is good for both annual and monthly payment options.