Pearls and Pitfalls: The Journey of APRN Entrepreneurs
Nurse Practitioners are experts in clinical care, but most are often novices when it comes to business, marketing, financial management and working outside mainstream healthcare settings. There is little focus on the business side within the curriculum of current nurse practitioner education. However, these skills are essential for nurse practitioners who want to grow, innovate and work in independent practice. Whether you are ready to open your own practice or enhance your current business capabilities and skills, join us for this day-long webinar and learn from Dr. Wendy Wright’s experience building her business over the last 15 years. She will share tips for effective and accurate billing and coding, mistakes to avoid in contract negotiation, and documentation that stands up against malpractice claims, and much more!
The live, virtual event will begin at 8:45 am and will adjourn at 4:45 pm. Within the schedule for the day, we have incorporated 3 fifteen-minute breaks for those watching to stretch, grab a drink, etc., as well as a 45-minute lunch break. During the time set aside for breaks and lunch, Wendy will be monitoring the ZOOM Q&A feature to address your questions. It will be a fun, full day of learning for everyone participating and we hope you will choose to join us!
8:30 am Registrants begin logging into the virtual platform to participate in the event – individualized login details provided after registering for the event
8:45 am Session 1
10:15 am Session 2
11:30 am Lunch Break
12:15 pm Session 3
1:45 pm Session 4
3:15 pm Session 5
4:30 pm Complete Evaluation
4:45 pm Event Adjourns
- Coding and Reimbursement: Essentials for Successful Practice
- APRN Contract Negotiation and Much More…
- Malpractice Prevention & Documentation: Everything the APRN Needs to Know
- Starting a Business/Independent Practice
- Pearls of Business: What I Wish Someone Had Told Me
Wendy L. Wright, DNP, ANP-BC, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, FNAP
- $129.00 Member
- $169.00 Non Member
Pre-registration is required for access to live, virtual activity.
Registration Deadline: September 19, 2022 at 12:00 pm CST
- Successful Completion – Attendees must register, participate in all of the educational sessions and complete the online conference evaluation to receive a certificate of completion. The link to the online evaluation will be emailed to participants (to the email address provided at registration) upon conclusion of the activity.
- Relevant Financial Relationships – Dr. Wendy Wright serves as a consultant for Gilead, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Pfizer & Sanofi and is on the speakers’ bureau for AbbVie, Biohaven, Merck, Pfizer & Sanofi. All relevant financial relationships for the presenter have been mitigated. No other relevant financial relationships were identified for any member of the planning committee or presenter/author.
6.5 contact hours are available to those who meet the successful completion requirements.
The Midwest Multistate Division is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
What is the Midwest Multistate Division? The Arkansas Nurses Association, Kansas State Nurses Association, Missouri Nurses Association and Nebraska Nurses Association formed a collaborative, namely the Midwest Multistate Division (Midwest MSD), with the goal of promoting efficiencies and growth. As part of this collaborative, the Midwest MSD Professional Development Unit (PD Unit) was formed, which is accredited as an ANCC approver and provider of NCPD, to address the educational needs of nurses in the Midwest region.
Those certified through AANP – Contact hours received through participation in this event are acceptable toward certification/recertification through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). Per the AANP guidelines, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) is an acceptable, accredited and independent organization that provides advanced nursing CE content for NPs seeking renewal using continuing education credit. (https://www.aanpcert.org/recert/ce_opps; Recertification Handbook)
Questions? Please contact Sara Fry at (573) 636-4623 x102 or with any questions.