Hall of Fame Award
Nurses of Missouri have pioneered in many aspects of nursing care in communities and acute care of people throughout the state. Professional nursing standards were promoted and maintained by outstanding nurse leaders in this state often overcoming major obstacles. The continued progress of professional nursing in Missouri is a direct result of nurses who have made extraordinary contributions to MONA and to the profession in general. In addition, nurses in Missouri have made national and international contributions to the enhancement and progress of professional nursing.
The purpose of the prestigious Hall of Fame award is to recognize outstanding nurse leaders of the state of Missouri, whose lifelong commitment to the nursing profession has advanced the goals of this association and the improvement of health care in Missouri.
- The nominee must be or have been a Registered Professional Nurse licensed in the state of Missouri.
- The nominee must live in or have lived in the state of Missouri during some period of his/her career.
- The nominee must be a current, past, or honorary member of the Missouri Nurses Association.
- The achievements of the nominee must have enduring value to nursing beyond the nominee’s lifetime. (Note: Nominees for the award can be living or deceased.)
- The nominee must have made significant contributions to the nursing profession in clinical practice, education, administration, organizational work involving health care or innovation in health care delivery systems, or to the Missouri Nurses Association enterprise.
- The nominee shall have demonstrated leadership in two or more of the following areas:
- Advanced the practice of nursing as a profession;
- Worked to improve the quality of health care in Missouri;
- Adhered to professional nursing standards;
- Supported professional nursing education in the state of Missouri;
- Influenced health care policy;
- Contributed to the enhancement and progress of professional nursing on a state, national and/or international level.
- Nominations may be submitted by individual Missouri Nurses Association members, or groups/committees of members.
- If only one individual Missouri Nurses Association member is submitting the nomination, two additional Association members must sign the nomination form.
- Nominations and accompanying materials will be treated in a confidential manner.
- The following should be submitted for each nominee (all forms are available on the Association website)
Optional Supporting Documentation
- Curriculum vitae or biographical data, detailing educational background, work experience, publications, community contributions, honors and awards.
- A photo of the nominee; 5×7 preferred (please contact MONA office for guidelines) may be submitted but is not required.
Applications will be reviewed by members of the Missouri Nurses Association Hall of Fame Committee and recommendations forwarded to the Missouri Nurses Association Board of Directors for their approval.
Award winners will be announced during the MONA Membership Assembly.
Nominations and supporting documentation must be submitted by September 2, 2019.
Missouri Nurses Association – Hall of Fame Committee
3340 American Ave. Suite F
Jefferson City, MO 65109