The Missouri Nurses Association offers many leadership opportunities. Share your drive, commitment and skill for the betterment of the association and its members.
- Finance: Prepares the annual budget and advises the board as to the expenditure of funds. Quarterly virtual meetings.
- Advocacy: Develops and implements a legislative program for the state. Meetings every other week during legislative session (Jan-May) and then monthly after.
- Practice: Addresses nursing practice concerns and issues of health care consumers and professionals in relation to the nursing profession. Recommends policy on professional nursing issues. Monthly meetings
- Communications: This committee will ensure that an ongoing comprehensive communication plan is developed, implemented, and evaluated for the purpose of maintaining open and consistent communication with the MONA membership. Members will help gather articles for the various MONA publicans and social media. They will also lead messaging for special social media campaigns such as Nurses Month and Show-Me Nurses Vote. Working on meeting schedule.
- Education: Work on continuing education needs of our state’s nurses. This committee will also liaise with the states nursing schools to connect them to the greater work of the Association. Working on meeting schedule.
- PAC: The Missouri Nurses Association Political Action Committee (MONA-PAC) is the only political action committee representing the interests of all professional nurses in Missouri. It was established to elect candidates that will advance MONA’s legislative and regulatory agendas.
- West, East, and South Regions: As we move to a new region structure, we are setting up regional committees to help plan events throughout these expanded areas. This is a great way to get involved in the work of the association and get to meet new people!
- Bylaws: Suggest and receive all proposed amendments or revisions to these bylaws. Such proposed amendments, including those required for Missouri Nurses Association to be in harmony with the American Nurses Association bylaws, shall be submitted to the Missouri Nurses Association Membership Assembly for action at the Biennial or Special Meeting of the Missouri Nurses Association Membership AssemblyIf you are interested in serving on any of these committees: